web counter Media Lies: Amazing speech by Zell Miller

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

PLEASE NOTE: Media Lies has moved.
The new address is http://www.antimedia.us/.
Please adjust your bookmarks.

Amazing speech by Zell Miller

I don't watch conventions much. I'm very interested in politics and government but not very political. The only party I've ever joined is the Libertarian party, and that was only for one year. This year is the first time in my life I've ever given money to a presidential candidate (Bush), and I've given four times as much to the Swiftvets. I've always voted for the candidate based on a careful consideration of their position, and I've voted for Republicans, Independents, Libertarians and Democrats, sometimes all in the same election.

Tonight I watched the Republican Convention because I wanted to see Zell Miller's speech. I had heard some of what he's had to say, and I was curious to hear what would perhaps be his last major speech before retiring.

I have to say it was one of the most incredible political speeches I've ever heard. Since the focus of my blog is the media and not politics, I won't say much more about it than that, but Ed Morrissey blogged the main points.

If you missed Miller's speech, you should try to find a video of it. I doubt the transcript would do it justice. Miller sent chills down my spine several times during his speech, and I think he may have put the last nail in the Kerry campaign's coffin.

UPDATE: You can get a copy of Zell Miller's speech (the video) at the GOP site.

|