web counter Media Lies: Kerry's fraudlent Purple Heart

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

PLEASE NOTE: Media Lies has moved.
The new address is http://www.antimedia.us/.
Please adjust your bookmarks.

Kerry's fraudlent Purple Heart

I see that Captain's Quarter has picked up on the story that I reported last Friday that Kerry has admitted to obtaining his first Purple Heart fraudulently. I referenced an article on the Internet that referred to his diary. Ed reports that the diary entry also appears in Tour of Duty. (I will locate that passage tonight and add the reference here when I find it.)

If this were George Bush's record, the media would be howling for blood. As it is, their somnolent behavior is all too predictable. I first reported this on Aug 13th. Ed's reporting it today. When do you suppose the media will report this easily proveable fact?

UPDATE: I am home now, and I have confirmed that this journal entry comes from Kerry's biography, "Tour of Duty". Chapter Nine, pg 189 reads, in part, "They had no lust for battle, but they also were not afraid. Kerry wrote in his notebook, 'A cocky feeling of invincibility accompanied us up the Long Tau shipping channel because we hadn't been shot at yet, and Americans at war who haven't been shot at are allowed to be cocky.'" This entry is preceded by the following on page 188, "On the bright side, the four-day cruise proved that Lieutenant (j.g.) Kerry -- who had just turned twenty-five, on December 11, 1968 -- was a fine leader of his men."

The four-day cruise referred to was Kerry's first patrol on PCF 44 after having sailed from An Thoi to Cat Lo (when he was transferred from COSDIV 11 to COSDIV 13.) Kerry wrote these words in his journal a full nine days after the December 2 "Boston whaler" incident for which he was later to receive a Purple Heart -- a Purple Heart that was undeserved and that he knew was fraudulent when he accepted it.

In a related note, I just learned today, from Instapundit that Sen. Tom Harkin from Iowa has lied about serving in Vietnam. I wonder how many other of our illustrious politicians have inflated their resumes with war exploits they never had? It makes me sick to my stomach to think of the real heroes, like my cousin Donald, who spilled their blood in foreign lands and paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedom having their valor stolen by pretenders who never served or lied to obtain medals that my cousin earned through blood shed and life extinguished.

|