web counter Media Lies: As I frequently do....

Saturday, March 05, 2005

PLEASE NOTE: Media Lies has moved.
The new address is http://www.antimedia.us/.
Please adjust your bookmarks.

As I frequently do....

....I agree with Patterico, who agrees with Beldar, who agrees with Captain Ed, yada, yada, yada. Nothing that the FEC can or would do will stop me from blogging or changing how or what I blog one iota. And yes, I'm ready and willing to go to jail, if it comes to that, but I suspect I can drive up the road a ways and get the Liberty Legal Institute to take my case, keep my out of jail and embarrass the idiots who try to enforce the unenforceable.

UPDATE: Professor Bainbridge has an interesting take on the controversy.
Friends of freedom clearly need to remember this incident if and when John McCain (or Russ Feingold, for that matter) runs again for President. And we need to roast President George Bush one more time for spinelessly signing the excrescence that is McCain-Feingold.
I completely agree. I've not been a fan of McCain's for a long time. I'm not at all impressed by his squishy political positions, and he doesn't get a lifetime pass from me simply because he was a prisoner of war. I was particularly disgusted by his support of Kerry and criticism of the Swiftvets.

I also think President Bush displayed uncharacteristic cowardice in signing McCain-Feingold. Yes, it was approaching the campaign season, and yes he would have been excoriated for it, but he's shown so much courage in foreign affairs, his weakness here was inexplicable.

|