web counter Media Lies: Initial impressions of the debate

Thursday, September 30, 2004

PLEASE NOTE: Media Lies has moved.
The new address is http://www.antimedia.us/.
Please adjust your bookmarks.

Initial impressions of the debate

I'm disappointed that President Bush hasn't mentioned the contributions of the Iraqis in terms of the number of Iraqi security forces that have given their lives. I also get the impression that Bush is a little bit nervous.

Kerry seems to be trying to scattershoot in the hope that he'll hit a good target at least once. One comment that comes to mind is throwing in the bit about tax cuts in the context of foreign policy.

Other than that they both seem to be trying to stick to their "talking points", which I find irritating. I wish they would just talk to us about what they believe. I see that Bush is trying hard to convince us that Kerry wavers and that he is steady.

|